Research blog: Commercial Conventions

     For my commercial, i will not be using basic codes or conventions. Instead, i will thrive to take a different route and make my commercial original. The style i will be using will be somewhat humorous but at the same time a bit more serious. This is because i want to draw the attention of the audience with the humor but also let the information about the product stick to them so they'll be more intrigued. My form will be direct address, so i will not be using voice overs. The codes i will be using will be just standing my phone up horizontally on a table or stool that will show off my setting and surroundings and myself. Some techniques i will be using for my commercial will be stereotypes and repetition. I will be using stereotypes as my examples to sell my product. For example, i will be showing off the phone in different styles and cases that would match different people's preferences. This would make the audience even more intrigued in my opinion. This is because the audience would feel more included with the product i would be selling in the commercial. I will also be using repetition in my commercial to have the audience hooked with parts of the commercial. For example, have you ever had a song or commercial theme song stuck in your head because of the amount of times you've heard it. That would be my goal for my audience, that way they will keep thinking of it and will lead them to buying the product. In my commercial, i plan to make the environment humorous and playful. For example, adding jokes here and there and just overall having a light and enthusiastic tone and mood throughout the commercial. In basic Iphone commercials, they usually dive right into what they are selling in a serious way. However, my goal is to be the opposite of that and find a way to make it more enjoyable for an audience. To conclude this research blog, my overall goal is to create a well formed commercial with many facts about the product i will be selling but, i will also be adding some more personality and humor into it to make it more open to different audiences.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning for my Iphone Commercial